• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Friday, August 29, 2014

The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan

Leave a Comment
The Night Eternal (The Strain Trilogy, #3)The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a disappointing end to what was overall a slightly disappointing trilogy of books. There are some great ideas here, and I enjoyed the post-apocalyptic setting which at least offered something different, but there were too many problems to overlook that spoilt the experience. In fact, I found myself really struggling with finishing the book and only forced myself to as I wanted to start a new one. I wish I hadn't bothered.

The already cliched characters become even shallower, and the plot is full of so many holes you could use the book as a colander! Add to that the terrible bolting on of some lazy Christian theology (can vampire-myth writers come up with something new for the origin of their monsters please? The bacterial/viral angle was so much more interesting) and I just lost interest in the unsympathetic characters.

The less said about the ending the better. It made no sense and I guessed what would happen ages before I got to it. Two stars, and that's a little generous.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...