• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan

Leave a Comment
The Strain (The Strain Trilogy, #1)The Strain by Guillermo del Toro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is a real thrill ride, one of those holiday thrillers that is difficult to put down. It's well written, avoiding the large swathes of dull exposition that some of these books fall prey to (I'm looking at you Dan Brown!) and has a very cinematic feel to events. The premise is good and the book's twist on the normal vampire myth is obviously from the nightmarish dreams of Guillermo del Toro.

If that's what you are after you will enjoy the book. It's not particularly deep, and once you step off the roller-coaster the plot holes and shallow characters become all too apparent. For a read on the beach or, as more likely in my case, whilst hiding in the tent from the holiday rain, it's recommended. I'm definitely reading the other two books in the series over the summer!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...