• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Friday, January 31, 2014

Masks of Nyarlathotep Campaign Journal: Chapter 22 - Two Months Later - An Interlude

Leave a Comment
As over half of my players are going to have to start new characters following the events of last session, I felt it was time for a complete change of pace and a fresh start. What I had planned would also allow me to introduce the new characters without too much trouble.

So, before the next session kicks off this weekend I sent the following out to the players to set the scene, and updated the Clue Corkboard.


Two months later...

The terrible events of Grey Dragon Island are but a distant and foggy memory, though one that even now haunts the dreams of Hubert and Sebastian with  visions of death, destruction and madness. The flight from that cruel and hellish place is now a series of half-remembered nightmares - the return to the ship to find most of the New China assault force defeated, the journey back to Shanghai beset by attacks from the sea by demonic creatures. Once back in the city, Chu Min, who had somehow survived the assault, advised Hubert and Sebastian to leave Shanghai; Ho Fong was still looking for them and New China was so weakened by the failed assault that it was now in no state to protect them. He promised Hubert he would somehow get in touch should the Order of the Bloated Woman look to return to it's plans to "poison the skies" and "open the gate".

So it was that Hubert and Sebastian were smuggled out of the city of anarchy, and found themselves in Hong Kong. Once there Hubert had to have Sebastian, still haunted by terrible waking nightmares, committed to a sanitarium. Whilst Sebastian was recovering, Hubert made contact with Jonah Kensington back in New York City. Kensington was keen for them to continue their investigations, to honour the memory of Jackson Elias, and if truth be told, because he wanted them to finish their book and reveal the worldwide conspiracy of cults they had uncovered. In order to facilitate this Kensington wired some more cash, along with some tickets to Sydney, where there were some leads still to be investigated.

After several weeks Sebastian was well enough to travel once more, and not before time. On the morning of their departure to Australia the Hong Kong bulletin carried the following story:



So it is that Hubert and Sebastian, last survivors of Grey Dragon Island, find themselves boarding the SS Osterley, a steam passenger ship run by the Orient Steam Navigation Company, with two first class tickets to Sydney in hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...