• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Monday, May 06, 2013

Camelot Funded

Leave a Comment
There were a few nervous moments towards the end (such as Amazon's Kickstarter payment servers going down for several hours just as Camelot Unchained was seeing its strongest funding period), but in the end Camelot Unchained reached its funding with ease.


Together with Mark Jacobs own cash injection that means CSE now have well over $5 million dollars to make their dream MMO. That might not sound like much, but Jacobs managed to make Dark Age of Camelot for only $2.5 million (and that included renting all the game servers after their publisher dropped out). As they don't need to create tons of PvE content they should have more than enough to deliver the game we all want to see.

So, for the first time in what seems like ages I'm now going to be spending a couple of years looking forwards to a new MMO. I think the last time was for EQ2.

I already have a few plans in place, and after talking it through with the old guild leaders I can reveal that my old Dark Age of Camelot guild will be rising from the ashes to begin anew.

More news on the new Artisans of Willow soon, but in the meantime a huge congratulations to Mark and the whole team at CSE. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...