• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Thursday, April 04, 2013

It's new PC time!

Leave a Comment
Here are the specs for the new PC I've just ordered. I haven't bothered getting a new GPU as I only recently got myself an nVidia GTX 660 Ti. I'll just be swapping that and the hard drives from my current PC into it.


CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Nighthawk SD1283
Operating System: Windows 8 (64-bit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (4x4GB)
Hard Drive: Sandisk 128GB SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: Onboard Video
Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Accessories: USB Card Reader
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
PSU: 650W Corsair VS

The total price came to £704.70 including VAT. I decided to go with a pre-built PC this time, rather than building one myself. I priced the components up separately on a few sites and it was only £20-30 cheaper. This way I get a three year warranty into the bargain.

I ordered the PC from DinoPC. Let's hope it all goes smoothly and I'll report back on how the order proceeded.

Ordering a new PC is always exciting. Hopefully it will all be up and running by the end of next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...