• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ups and Downs

Leave a Comment
Things are still pretty hectic with the home life so my gaming time has been a little limited recently. Things aren't set to improve for a couple of weeks as I have to go to South Africa with work next week, then I have a few days at home before heading off to Berlin.

What time I have had to spend gaming has been split between The Secret World, Skyrim and a couple of new games that I obtained thanks to some vouchers with my new graphics card (a nice upgrade from a Radeon HD5850 to an nVidia GTX 660Ti).

Vinculus joins the Monster Hunter club

In TSW I finally managed to finish the achievement for finding and killing all the rare mobs in the game so I am now proudly sporting my monster hunter jacket. The latest Game Director Letter has been released and details the restructuring of the team along with a few hints of what to expect in Issue #6 (time travel, bullwhips and new cabal features).

I've been continuing to explore Skyrim. It's the first Elder Scrolls game to really grab me (see my mini-review) and consequently I've signed up for the beta for The Elder Scrolls Online. I hope my fears that it will be another generic fantasy MMO are unfounded. This video by someone who got to play an alpha version of the game gives some hope at least.

The rest of my time has been spent playing Assassin's Creed 3, which I got free with my new GPU. It's both brilliant (gameplay, graphics, historical storylines and world are all superb) and frustratingly bad at the same time (some flunky controls and an absolutely awful and incomprehensible overarching story). I'll have some detailed thoughts up soon. It's fun despite the problems I have with it, and the good parts are so good they really make up for the bad parts. I intend to try and finish the game.

The other new game I obtained was Borderlands 2, a stylish first person shooter. So far it really hasn't made much of an impression and I can't see myself spending much time with it for a while at least.

I'm not sure when my next update will be due to traveling through most of February, but I'll try to get my AC3 review up sooner rather than later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...