• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Return of the Bard and LoTRO Epic Fail

Leave a Comment
There are a couple of things I just wanted to highlight that have happened this weekend. First up my brother has returned to the world of blogging after a year off. Having re-charged his batteries he is back up and running. You can read his thoughts on gaming and life in general at Le'bard Connection.

The second thing is something that has annoyed me a little. I recently returned to Lord of the Rings Online, and have been singing it's praises to anyone who would listen, especially with regard to the way it handled it's move to a free to play model. However a post by Syp over at Bio Break really made me sit up and take notice.

I won't go over it all here, just head on over to Syp's post to read about it. I thought it was an early April Fool's joke, but it seems all to real. The main issue I have with Turbine charging £50 for a mount that looks like a hobby horse isn't the immersion breaking (though I do have issues with that too in a game like LoTRO), or the aggressive tone of the developers, but that it signals a change in direction for what Turbine want to do with their store. I doubt I will be returning to the game if this makes it to live as is.

As for myself I have been busy playing The Secret World and have now finalised my tank build and got my gear to a good place to start doing elite dungeons. I've also just purchased Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (I loved the game first time round), so expect some of my impressions on the update soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...