• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Monday, September 24, 2012

Cool for Cats

Leave a Comment
A couple of pieces of news regarding The Secret World slipped out today. First of all Ragnar Tørnquist announced he was stepping back from his role as Senior Producer to concentrate on his role as Creative Director. Joel Bylos will step us as the new Game Director (I love Joel's attitude - just watch some of the live developer streams to see him in full foul-mouthed action).

Whilst initially a little worrying I actually think this is great news. One of the reasons that TSW is so unique and compelling is the vision behind the game and the superb storytelling and writing, and Ragnar is responsible for much of that. By focussing on the creative side of things the game will hopefully retain it's amazing atmosphere and setting. It may also give him time to start development on The Longest Journey 3 at last!

Along with the official Funcom announcement of the change, it was revealed that Issue 3 will be called "The Cat God". I love this for a couple of reasons. First it implies the new missions may be focussed on Egypt, a zone which I am absolutely loving. Secondly it's made me wonder whether the recent "cat bug" has not actually been a bug at all, but rather some long-term foreshadowing of events.

That's a lot of cats...

For those who don't know, as far back as the start of August large bands of cats would occasionally show up in London. No-one knew if it was a bug causing them all to congregate or something else, and there were several forum threads on the topic. The community moderator Morteia even seemed to suggest it was a bug.

More recently they have started showing up in Agartha as well. Seems like it may not just be a bug after all...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...