• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My first TSW Build - The Bulldog

Leave a Comment
One of the great things about the ability system in The Secret World is its flexibility and how easy it is to play around with different ideas. I've been playing round with the ability system in The Secret World and have come up with my first attempt at a low-level tank for running Polaris (QL3). I wanted to try something a little different to the usual Hammer and Chaos combination that everyone else seems to use. As I was planning on working towards the Witch Hunter deck anyway, I decided to try building a tank based on Hammer and Blades instead.

The build only contains one direct taunt (mainly for emergencies), and relies on hate-building abilities as it's primary mechanism. It is designed for area-of-effect tanking rather than single-target tanking, though it can be used for both. It only utilises abilities from the inner tier of skills (plus two from the miscellaneous Turbulence section), meaning it is possible to build with only 94 ability points.

It does have the disadvantage in that the main builder is an AoE attack, so you may need to be careful not to aggro any nearby mobs whilst using it, and it can cause issues with crowd control. However, it's a lot of fun to play and works well (in conjunction with health talismans).

I've called this build "The Bulldog" after the M41 Bulldog light tank. You can find the build using the main menu above or by clicking here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...