• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Friday, June 29, 2012

Endings and Beginnings

Leave a Comment
So, Bioware released the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut dlc this week, and I've finally had time to have a play around with it. It seems that Bioware have done exactly what they said they would do. The new endings clarify events and resolve some of the plot holes I discussed in my original review, but the main story remains the same. If you didn't care for the main direction of the ending and choices offered there is little in the Extended Cut that will change your mind. It's an edit, not a wholesale revision.

So, the mass effect relays are no longer destroyed, there is now a fourth option at the end (to refuse all of the Starchild's choices, which is more fitting for a less passive Shepard), and the additional scenes add a lot of clarity to events. The ending also feels a bit more optimistic, and I'm not sure that really fits with the feel of the whole saga.

What the Extended Cut really managed to bring home to me however was just how good the game as a whole is. That plus how amazingly beautiful the closing theme is ("An End, Once and For All..." composed by Clint Mansell and Sam Hulick is). Playing through the final stages of it again was great fun, and it still managed to pul at the heartstrings.


From endings to beginnings... The Secret World early access starts today (the formal launch is on 3rd July). I'm looking forwards to exploring everything the game has to offer and will be keeping the blog updated with my adventures. I'll be starting tonight on the Arcadia RP server, so feel free to say hello to Vinculus should you come across him.

Whilst we're waiting for the gates to open here's a short video I cam across with some nice tips for the game.



The final piece of news this week is that Guild Wars 2 has a release date at last (looks like my prediction at the start of the year was wrong!). The servers will open up on 28th August 2012. Why am I not feeling excited?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...