• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Corellian Conflict

Leave a Comment
Corellia is the setting for the conclusion to The Old Republic's main story before end-game, and I found it's rubble-strewn streets and blasted buildings a suitably apocalyptic place. One of the Galactic Republic core-worlds it has been won by the Empire, not through force of arms but by politics and corrupt councillors, and Coronet City now bears the scars of a war come home.


Whilst a city-based planet like Coruscant and Nar Shadaa I found the whole feel of the city to be completely different. It almost felt like playing a Gears of War game rather than The Old Republic. The ambiance, as with most of the worlds, is fantastic, with enemy ships swooping overhead, fires burning in the ruined skyscrapers and the constant sound of barrage fire, complete with explosions above.

The world builders seem to have saved some of their best work until last, and have peppered the war-torn city with crashed ships amongst the huge skyscrapers, giving some fantastic vistas. I also loved the zone transport system on Corellia. The trams really gave it a distinctive flavour compared to the other worlds and gave a great view of the different city areas as they passed through.


The world story was entertaining and suitably more epic than that on many of the planets, with a real threat and against-the-odds feeling. There were some fun cameos by some of the surprising indigenous species of the planet (I wasn't expecting to be given quests by weasels and hamsters, sorry, Selonians and Drall!). On completing the world story I really felt like the war was turning in favour of the Republic and that the Empire had been dealt a severe blow. The end of the world story felt like the end of a chapter, punctuated by being honoured by the galactic senate.

I enjoyed Corellia a lot, which is probably a good job as I'll be heading back there quite a bit for the Black Hole daily quests. Next up, Ilum, and the end of the levelling experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...