• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Polar Foil

Leave a Comment
The tradition of MMO and tech companies putting up April Fools continues this year with some great stories. It seems more and more work is put into these every year. Here's a few of my favourites from 2012.

Best of the MMO Aprils Fools is The Old Republic's new game mode: Ship Droid. In this new game mode you can pay as your starships droid, cleaning the windows, fluffing the cushions, calibrating food processors and so on. Gain enough Etiquette Points and you can even make the Ship Droid your main character, with their own story line (including romances), and put your previous characters to menial work on the ship.

As ever Bioware have given us some great videos to go with the story (love the over the top epic music). Check them out below :)






Still on the Star Wars front, the ThinkGeek store is now selling the Admiral Ackbar Singing Bass. it's worth watching the video they have up.

Blizzard have a host of new April Fools, but my favourite was their new accessory from the Blizzard Store, the Battle.net neural interface. A bargain at only £13,299!

The Guild Wars servers have a new update for us today, with some odd changes to some of the class skills (e.g. Shadow Form: added the following functionality: "Deletes all characters on your account when Shadow Form ends.).


Not a real April Fool, but Google Maps have given us a new interface option - 8-bit RPG format. Fun looking at my street through the 8-bit street view window too!

Finally, here's a story that I pray is an April Fool but which I fear may be all too true. The BBC are reporting worrying new legislation that will allow the UK government to read all our emails and see which websites we are visiting, without a warrant. I guess April 1st is a good day to release bad news!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...