• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Sinclair ZX Spectrum

1 comment
10 PRINT "Happy Birthday Spectrum"
20 GOTO 10

30 years ago my first ever computer was launched. It was the first time I played computer games at home (Manic Miner, The Hobbit and Atic Atac were my favourites), and it even encouraged me to start programming. It had 48kb of memory and 8 colours (that caused colour clash if they shared 8-pixel spaces). I still look back on it with very fond memories.

There's a great retrospective on the BBC here.

1 comment:

  1. ATIC ATAC!! Lol, wow, just reading the name brought back massive memories. I recall pestering my older Bro *wink* to play on his computer..man that must have been a right pain for you. I just wanted part of the action! I remember when you got your Atari PC and I got the ZX Spectrum! I was overjoyed, until I saw you playing Tomb raider on the Atari and then i went back to pestering.."can I have a go?". hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...