• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Sunday, March 04, 2012

TOR keybindings

Leave a Comment
I've had a couple of months playing The Old Republic with my new mouse and keyboard now and have finally managed to master the art of keybinding rather than clicking on my skills. It's amazing what a difference it makes to my reaction speed in game; much more than I would have anticipated. What's more I find that I'm able to watch the action much more now, rather than staring at the UI, as I do not have to look at what my hands or mouse cursor is doing. Consequently it is making the game even more fun to play.

Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to show my keybinding layout for my smuggler, along with how I currently have my Merc Steelseries Stealth set up. I will continue to tinker with it, but I'm pretty happy with how it is working for me now.


I trigger my abilities using the buttons on the Naga mouse (assigned to the numbers row on the keyboard, "1" to "="). My second hotbar is assigned to the same keys, but with the ALT key modifier, so I can activate those by pressing the ALT-number keys on the keyboard or by holding down the ALT modifier key and using the keys on the Naga mouse. Now I'm used to it I find it works very well.

By way of explanation, the TALK key in the diagram above is used as my Press-to-talk button for Ventrilo and Mumble, and the Escape key is bound to my Escape ability (used to get out of stun, mezz, root effects).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...