• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

ME3 on the BBC (updated!)

Leave a Comment
The BBC have now picked up on the furore surrounding the ending of Mass Effect 3. Whilst being aware of the ongoing protests by a loud section of the fan community regarding the end of the game, I have managed to stay spoiler free so far. I'm still in the middle of the game myself (and absolutely loving it so far) so I can't really comment on the ending of the game until I have played it (my review will be up shortly after I have done so).

If the only issue that fans have with the ending of the game is that it is bleak then I can't see myself having an issue with it. I am expecting a bleak ending; anything else would seem like a cop-out to me (after all the whole story is about trying to survive an attack by unstoppable machine gods intent on wiping out all organic life - there ain't gonna be no rainbows and bunny rabbits in sight after that). It would also tie in with the game's themes of sacrifice and loss. In fact, I'm fully expecting Shepard to die at the end.

However, if the real issue is more that the ending is a poor one, rather than a bleak one, then I too may join the ranks of those protesting it. I'll find out soon enough.

One things for sure, Bioware have managed to create a game about which people care passionately. That's a good thing surely. Also it's nice to see the protesters are doing good work for charity, rather than just whining.

You can check out the full BBC article here.

Update: Dr Ray Muzyka, Bioware co-founder has now responded to the criticisms. You can find his (in my opinion respectful and well thought-out) response here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...