• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Saturday, March 24, 2012

In just over a week there will be A Clash of Kings...

Leave a Comment
Only just over a week to go now until season two of Game of Thrones begins, which is based on the second book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, A Clash of Kings. I've been re-watching the first season in order to catch up and cannot wait to see how they handle the adaptation. I'm especially looking forwards to seeing what they do with the Battle of the Blackwater (in fact George RR Martin himself wrote that particular episode).

HBO have put up a great 22 minute long behind-the-scenes video that serves to bring you nicely up to speed with what happened in season one, as well as introducing some of the many new characters that will pop up in season 2. Check the embed at the bottom of this post.

I am still deeply engrossed in Mass Effect 3, and now almost at the end of the second act. My review is part written and will be up once I've completed the game, but one of the things that has really impressed me is the superb soundtrack. An incredible amount of work has gone into the sound design of the game, as evidenced by this great essay on Kotaku (which has been confirmed by the developers in the comments section). I find it really impressive that they are using sound in such creative ambient ways, and whilst I may not always notice such subtle touches I have definitely noticed the emotional responses that the music has triggered.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...