• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Taris

Leave a Comment
"Resume the bombardment, Commander. Wipe this pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy."
 - Darth Malak - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Merec has now reached level 21 and has completed his adventures on the planet of Taris. I like Taris a lot, but will be glad to move on to somewhere else after spending many hours exploring the ruins of the ancient city.

Ruined towers overgrown with trees and very angry wildlife - welcome to Taris

There is a lot to enjoy about Taris, especially if you have played the original Knights of the Old Republic game, which is set 300 years before the time of The Old Republic MMO. In that game the city is one of the Republic's capital worlds, until it is bombed into submission by the Sith Lord Darth Malak. 300 years later and the city is still in ruins and nature has begun to take over. The zone looks great, with ruined city structures fallen to pieces, and trees, plants and wild creatures living where once there was a thriving spaceport. My only criticism is that by the time I reached the end of the questlines I was looking forwards to a change of scenery.

I enjoyed the main world quests, which centred around the Republic's attempts to reclaim and rebuild the planet, along with efforts to locate the lost lore and culture of Taris. It was particularly interesting to find out what had happened to Rukil and his search for the Promised Land - I remember those quests well from the original game. Other quests have you trying to rediscover the cure for the rakghoul plague that was obtained in the original Knights of the Old Republic game.

My smuggler class quest has moved on from the Prologue to Chapter 1, and whilst Skavak is still at large my main aim right now is to locate the lost treasure of one of the galaxy's most infamous gangsters. I feel a little bit like some interstellar Indiana Jones! I have now have a young female smuggler named Risha living on my ship, helping me with my search, but as of yet she is not a full companion character. she has helped me retrieve an astrogation chart from the planet which will hopefully help me to locate the lost treasure.

A worrying thing to be asked by your doctor...

During my adventures I managed to find three datacrons on Taris, though I am told that there are around five to find in total. I've spent a long time searching but I'm sure I'll be back to pick up the others in the future. I did come across one datacron that required two players to get to - one player has to operate a switch that opens an air vent, whilst the other is blown up into the air by the vent, allowing them access to some raised pipes. That kind of thing makes finding the Datacrons even more fun.

Overall my time on Taris was a lot of fun, and Merec has managed to reach level 22. Only another three levels and I'll be able to get my first mount... except that I have had a slight financial issue that may delay things! The cost to learn the first speeder piloting skill is 40,000 credits, and Merec was well on his way with almost 27,000 credits to his name. That is until I accidentally purchased an item for 12,000 credits from a vendor (and to make matters worse it was a customization kit for my companion character that I already had). Doh! A little tip - when browsing vendors do NOT CTRL-right click to preview the item. The correct command is CTRL-left click, as I now know. Let's hope Bioware code in a sell-back system before I make such a silly mistake again!


So, next it's off to the Vegas of the Galaxy - Nar Shaddaa here I come! I'm sure there will be a way for a crafty smuggler to make a load of credits in such a place.

In other SWTOR related news I'd like to congratulate my guildmates in Convergence for clearing all five bosses in the Eternity Vault Operation (in 8-man normal mode). I'm looking forwards to trying it myself when I get to level 50, which will be a while yet! They'll be moving on to the 16-man hard modes once we have enough members at level 50, and are already planning their assault on Karagga's Palace.

Finally, Bioware seem to have sorted out the server queues now. On The Red Eclipse I haven't come across a queue for over a week now, and the population seems as busy as ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...