• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Monday, January 02, 2012

"I got my freedom, my ship and my gun, what more do I need?"

Leave a Comment
Merec has continued his adventures on Coruscant and managed to hunt down his starship. It's a big moment in the game and it feels great to finally be able to sit in the captains chair. By way of celebration I made the video below.


I have now managed to complete all of the quests I could find in Coruscant and made my way to Taris. I have yet to do anything on Taris other than bind and find the cantina, but I'm looking forwards to playing it soon. I can't wait to see what the planet looks like following it's bombardment by the Empire in the original Knights of the Old Republic game, but exploring the ruins of the ancient cities could be interesting. I'm betting the Rakghouls are still around!

In making my way to Taris I managed to reach level 18 (most of my guild are higher level now, but two young kids and Christmas mean I've been levelling even more slowly than normal!). As well as completing the questlines on Coruscant I found a few more datacrons. One of them in particular made getting to the one in Graffiti Square look like a piece of cake. It didn't help that my wife was perched over my shoulder laughing her head off at my futile attempts to make a couple of the jumps, resulting in me landing smack in the middle of a large group of Justicars with only half my health. It was pretty funny, even if I did feel more like Mario than Merec! I've recorded videos of where I found them so I may edit and upload those at some point.

I've also started to get into crafting  a lot more and have managed to find a couple of decent purple recipes for earpieces. I've found it to be quite a deeper system than I had first anticipated, and now I have two companions (you get a new droid companion with your starship) I'm planning on spending more time getting to know the crew skills system.

The smuggler story continues to be a lot of fun, with some really nice one-liners in the dialogue (I'm planning a post to highlight some of these soon). I've found that my choice of combat abilities has now grown considerably and there are a lot more tactical decisions to be made during combat. Several of my skills now unlock cooldowns on others, meaning I can chain them together, though I haven't found an ideal rotation yet - the gunslinger doesn't seem suited to sticking to a fixed skill rotation, and I've had more luck reacting to events than being rigid in my combat routine. It's nice that I can now start using interrupts, chains and more crowd control in with the dps mix though.

The other thing I found myself doing last night was space combat missions. I only intended to run one for a laugh before I logged off after getting my starship, but I ended up playing them for a good hour. It was a lot of fun, more than I remember in beta, and I was definitely feeling that "just one more go" factor.

I've noticed in fact that time flies in general when I'm playing the game. It's been a while since I've played an MMO where I lose track of time so often. I meant to log off at 10.30pm last night (knowing at least one of my kids would be up early - thanks Jess, you didn't disappoint me at 5.30am!), but kept getting dragged back in, finding just one more thing I had to do before I camped. Oh, I'll just visit my trainer... oh, I'll just find the cantina.... oh, there's a new quest there to pick up... and so on. By the time I camped 90 minutes had flown by and it was midnight. Oops!

As you can tell, I'm still having an obscene amount of fun! So, next up is exploring Taris, and possibly attempting the Hammer Station flashpoint for the first time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...