• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Hilarious SWTOR related over-reaction of the day

2 comments
Worthless comic The Daily Mail has the best Star Wars The Old Republic story of the day so far. In fact it's the most amusing one for some time. The headline says it all:

"Hit Star Wars game lets players 'own' and torment female slaves with electric shock collar"

Never a rag to overstate things and put them out of context *cough*, the Mail turns it's moral-outrage-gun on The Old Republic. Their source for claims that "the option to treat the character decently does not seem to have been enormously popular with players" seems to be a single blog post. You can read their full article here.

Not that they are hypocritical or anything, but there is currently a paparazzi photo of a (very) scantily clad fashion designer on a beach in the column next to the story. No idea why, apparently it is of interest to someone. This is the paper that promised to never ever use pap-shots again following the death of Princess Diana.

I'm just surprised they haven't claimed the game gives you cancer, because according to them everything else does (see video below). Anyway, it amused me so I thought I'd share :)

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable..well, actually knowing that rag, quite believable.

    Keep up the great posts mate :)

    Oh, Ema and I have ordered SW:ToR yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mate, can't wait to see you in-game! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...