• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Thursday, December 29, 2011

More of The Little Things

Leave a Comment
Back in August I wrote about how the it's little things in MMOs that can make the difference between a game seeming alive and soulful or empty and souless, how the little bits of polish can alleviate the grind and make the game fun. The little things can make just as much a difference as the epic storyline, voiceovers and reactive combat animations.

Since the game launched, just over a week ago, I've found a whole host of new little things that show the care and attention to detail that Bioware have put into the game. Here are a few of my favourites...

  • You do different dance animations depending on whether you have someone targetted or not (i.e. whether you are dancing with someone or on your own).
  • Voices echo in long hallways.
  • Some helmets automatically adjust the player characters voice, as though they are talking through a communicator.
  • When you fall a long way whilst running your characte does a cool rolling animation before coming to their feet.
  • The Aurebesh writing that appears on all the signs and graffiti can be properly translated (if you have the inclination). See picture below for an example translation I made.
  • Changing the tune on the jukebox in cantinas causes the band to play in time and the dancers to dance in time to the new music.
  • The colour of loot glows on dead bodies represents the colour (quality) of the items in the loot.
  • The four different lightsaber-wielding classes (Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor) all hold their lightsabers in different ways when the blades are drawn. (I can't take responsibility for noticing this, it was posted on Reddit here, but it still impressed me that they took the time to code the differences in).

Has anyone else got any of "the little things" that they have spotted?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...