• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Friday, December 23, 2011

Coruscant and Smuggler builds

Leave a Comment
Merec has now arrived on Coruscant following an eventful journey aboard the Esseles. This is really the first planet I had adventured on that offers jaw-dropping vistas at almost every turn. I liked Dromund Kaas in beta, but for sheer epic scale Coruscant has it beat hands down.

Bioware have done an incredible job in bringing the city-planet seen in the movies into the game, and there is no way screenshots can do it justice as the scale is too big and you cannot see the endless lanes of traffic or hear the roar of passing transports.

The spaceport on Coruscant is fecking massive!
The vista is truly three dimensional as well. I found myself constantly looking up at the towering city and ships, and peering down into the depths of the buildings as I passed over walkways. If you only keep your eyes straight ahead you'll miss many spectacular sights; it's a very convincing recreation of a world rather than just another zone.

As Merec has been getting involved in the politics of the Republic's capital planet, dealing with corrupt politicians, and continuing his hunt for Skavik (he still has my ship, the dirty no-good scum!) I have started to plan out my talent tree build. You can see the current build I plan to use on the new page linked in the main menu above (or here).

The current build on that page only goes up to level 20, and I will update it as I continue my adventures, but for now I wanted to offer a brief explanation of where I am heading with it and why I chose the skills I did.

This build is for PvE play focused on single-target dps (damage-per-second). I may create a separate PvP build if Bioware ever allow dual-specs. My experience with dps builds in previous games has shown me that maximising critical damage and critical chance has had the most benefit, so I have tried to take that into account with my decisions, but I will be focusing mainly on the Sharpshooter tree.

At level 20 I plan to have my build at 5/3/3 (Sharpshooter/Saboteur/Dirty Fighting). The final build will probably be 31/7/3, but I wanted to spend some early points in the other trees to maximise critical and Cunning (a Smuggler's primary stat).

Steady Shots and Sharpshooter will increase the range, accuracy and damage of several of the primary and most commonly used single-target dps skills. Whilst I will eventually be putting points into Cover Screen I felt that I did not need it right now as my survivability is very good without it.

Streetwise in the Saboteur tree will increase my Cunning by 9% at tier 3, and this is my primary stat and determines my base damage along with my weapon. Finally No Holds Barred increases the critical strike chance by 6%, which is in line with my policy of increasing critical effects.

So, those are my thoughts right now. I'll be updating the tree as I proceed along with my thoughts as they change and progress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...