• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Saturday, October 15, 2011

SWTOR @ NYCC 2011

Leave a Comment
Bioware have been showing Star Wars The Old Republic at New York Comic-Con this week. Whilst much of the information revealed was already known, a few very interesting bits of information were revealed, along with a stunning new in-game story trailer. Read on for the details.

Perhaps the biggest news was the announcement that the game will now have a simultaneous global launch. This means that the launch date in Europe has moved forwards by two days, and will now be on 20th December 2011.

It was also revealed in various panels during the convention that there will be 15 Flashpoints in game at launch, along with 3 PvP warzones and at least 2 Operations (raids). We already know about The Eternity Vault, the first Operation revealed, but all we know about the second one is that it involves the Hutts. The following enigmatic screenshot from the Operation is all that has been released.


It was also revealed that appearance changes based on morality paths is in the game at launch. This means that if you constantly make story choices that increase your Dark Side points the appearance of your character will change to reflect this. Expect glowing eyes, deformed features, scars and the like. This feature will be on a toggle for those who don't like the effect.

Finally Bioware hit us with one of the best story trailers yet, made completely using in-game assets. I particularly like the second part of this trailer which shows off the open PvP zone on the planet of Ilum, it looks really exciting. The trailer also showcases several of the main NPC characters in the game that we are familiar with from the CGI trailers, such as Satele Shan, Darth Malgus, Jace Malcolm and Shae Vizla. Check out the embed below or click through for the HD version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...