• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Details

1 comment
After months of rumours it has finally been formally announced that Mass Effect 3 will have a multiplayer component, a first for the series.


Bioware made the announcement yesterday and gave some details on the system, which will see players working cooperatively to defend various parts of the galaxy against the Reapers and their allies. Progress made in the multiplayer game will actually effect the progress of the war in the single player game too through the games Galaxy At War system (though Bioware insist that the multiplayer part can be totally ignored without impacting too heavily on the single player story).

Players will create new characters of various classes who can be any one of six races; Human, Turian, Asari, Drell, Salarian and Krogan (shame, I wanted to play Blasto the Hanar Spectre!). The focus of the gameplay will be teams of up to four players defending areas against waves of enemies, and will offer lots of customisation options and unique combat encounters.

There will also be lots of Facebook and iOS links from the game that can record your progress.

I can't wait to try this new addition to the saga out. I'm really glad they've chosen to go the cooperative route, and it will be interesting to see how well it plays.

Check out the embedded video below for a Bioware Pulse special episode about Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...