• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Friday, September 23, 2011

The lull before the storm

Leave a Comment
It's been a quiet week here at chez Merecraft (for a start this is my first blog post in almost a week)! Little gaming has been achieved thanks to the delights of my baby daughter taking up the majority of my free time. A little gaming has been had however.

I did get chance to complete the heritage quest, A Thread of Hope, with the help of my good buddy Voltaan. We mentored down (a great function in the game which other MMOs would do well to emulate) as the quest was grey to me, and especially had a blast duo-ing Ra'Zhish the Steam Lord in Najena's Hollow Tower, an encounter which normally requires at least three people due to the mechanic of having to constantly turn several steam valves at once.

I've also been continuing to enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution, though the boss battles are still annoying me. Such a shame when the rest of the game is so amazingly good. It was recently revealed that all of the boss battles had been subcontracted out to a different developer. Shocking!

Other than that there has been little time for gaming related activities. I have been keeping abreast of the latest developments with The Old Republic however and it really does feel like the game is in the final stretch now. The beta weekends are about to restart following the release of a new beta build (I'm not going to post any links to NDA breaking material, but apparently the new build is amazing with lots of new content, polish and fixes).

Gamasutra have an excellent interview with project lead James Ohlen discussing how the game is shaping up and moving it on to launch. Add that to this weeks announcement that Guild Phase 2 is starting and the plethora of ads that have started to show up for the game on prominent gaming sites and it really does feel like the end is in site for the games development.

Additionally Bioware have released a great new developer dispatch video about Companions.

I've written about the Companion system before, and since then even more functionality has been added to them (more customisation options, improved and customisable AI, etc). If you have any interest in the game it really is worth watching the video (embedded below) for an overview of just how innovative the system could be.

Final tease of the week. I hope towards the end of next week to take delivery of a very shiny new piece of tech that I'm particularly looking forwards to. Details to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...