• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Old Republic at Gamescom 2011

Leave a Comment
As mentioned in my article on EA's press conference earlier this week Bioware have been showing The Old Republic off at Gamescom, Europe's largest gaming convention. There were a few interesting reveals, the most interesting of which was the new PvP mode; Huttball.

Huttball is a violent sport, similar to Blood Bowl, run by the Hutt cartels on Nar Shadaar. It pits teams against each other in a game where the players have to try and get the ball across the enemies endzone line. The players have to navigate fire traps, acid pits and jump pads, whilst a crazy announcer commentates on the action, and it allows teams of the same faction to take each other on. It looks absolutely mad and a helluva lot of fun, as can be seen in the video below.

As well as several more demonstrations of the first raid, or Operation, several other new facts were announced at the show.
  • There will not be an ingame voice-chat client at launch. (source)
  • Guild Phase 2 will be starting soon. (source)
  • You will be able to play characters of both factions on the same server. (source)
  • They already have new Flashpoints, Operations, Heroics and PvP arenas planned for after launch. (source)
  • EA are limiting the number of copies of the game available to start to ensure a smooth launch. (source)

Finally Razor revealed the official SWTOR peripherals. I want one of those keyboards but I'm afraid I'll have to mortgage my house!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...