Huttball is a violent sport, similar to Blood Bowl, run by the Hutt cartels on Nar Shadaar. It pits teams against each other in a game where the players have to try and get the ball across the enemies endzone line. The players have to navigate fire traps, acid pits and jump pads, whilst a crazy announcer commentates on the action, and it allows teams of the same faction to take each other on. It looks absolutely mad and a helluva lot of fun, as can be seen in the video below.
As well as several more demonstrations of the first raid, or Operation, several other new facts were announced at the show.
- There will not be an ingame voice-chat client at launch. (source)
- Guild Phase 2 will be starting soon. (source)
- You will be able to play characters of both factions on the same server. (source)
- They already have new Flashpoints, Operations, Heroics and PvP arenas planned for after launch. (source)
- EA are limiting the number of copies of the game available to start to ensure a smooth launch. (source)
Finally Razor revealed the official SWTOR peripherals. I want one of those keyboards but I'm afraid I'll have to mortgage my house!