• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Sunday, May 15, 2011

SOE servers back up

1 comment
Finally the SOE game servers are back online, as announced here. Anyone with a Station Account is required to reset their password as soon as possible (and this is required before you can play).

It's good the servers are back up after two weeks downtime, and I'm looking forwards to playing some more EQ2. I won't be putting any new credit card details into Sony's servers however. By the time my current subscription ends (around October with the extra free days awarded by SOE) I'm hoping that The Old Republic will be out. If not I'll be using game cards to pay for my gaming.

It will be interesting to see how hard this will hit the server population. It was telling that Trion decided to start offering free trials for Rift during the SOE downtime, and I'm sure they will have succeeded in pulling some of Sony's customers away. The server on which I play (Antonia Bayle - feel free to say hi!) is one of the busiest, so hopefully it may avoid any future server merge, but it will take some time to see the real impact of these events on the subscriber base.

1 comment:

  1. Happy it's back online, but like you I won't be entering anymore card details. I have been dabbling in RIFT, it's been OK, but hasn't really grabbed me. I'll write a post about that soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...