• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Sun, sand and showreels

Leave a Comment
My time in EQ2 has been a little shorter than normal for the last few days as I've been busy setting up my new PS3. I have still managed to get some decent progression done however, and have moved from the Sinking Sands into the dusty streets of Maj'Dul, reaching level 55 along the way.

Maj'Dul is an odd zone; quite different to any other in EQ2 (at least not including the level 70+ zones that I have never played before). It's the first city zone where the vast majority of NPCs are attackable (as I learned due to the rather unfortunate use of some AoE spells), and a place where the first faction decisions need to be made. I've decided to work with the Court of Coin and am currently running through their quest timeline, which involves a lot of sneaking into places and killing members of the other Courts. I'm just at the point where I'm about to head into the Pillars of Flame for the first time and I'm looking forwards to exploring the area.

I'll sign off with a few videos. First up are a couple of new Dragon Age 2 vids. The game is now only 4 weeks away, and my excitement is starting to build. It's going to be great to get back into Ferelden with a whole new story, and I'm looking forwards to experiencing the new DA design philosophy. The first video is the new Champion trailer, and the second one shows the first two minutes of the game (it doesn't really contain any spoilers but shows off Bioware's trademark storytelling design).



The last video is a fan video for Star Wars: The Old Republic. It's been made to show off the variety of combat animations in the game, all taken from officially released footage, and it really does look like an exciting game to play. I do have issues with this video; the creator has made the odd decision to include weird pauses in the action which for me just don't work, but it still serves as a great showcase for the variety and type of action we'll see.


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...