• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The Rift opens...

2 comments
I know some of you are looking forwards to Rift: Planes of Telara, though for myself I found the game uninvolving. The release date has now been announced however, and the game will launch in the US and Europe on March 1st 2011.

I wish Rift every success. It is good to see an MMO release that is so stable and polished. However, personally I don't think the game does enough to tempt anyone away from a current subscription unless they just want a change of scenery.

I think the game will do well and maintain a good subscriber base; certainly well enough to continue for a few expansions. In the race between the big three MMO launches planned for this year (the others being Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2) I do foresee it coming a distant third.

2 comments:

  1. Going to give Beta another try this wekend before I make my final decision, but I reckon you may be right. Not sure it will drag me away from EQ2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably give it another go as well. See if it can keep me away from EQ2 for a night (it failed last time round!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...